Monday, April 1, 2013

EAT // Spicey Hummus


I love hummus! It’s one of my favourite dips and a great accompaniment to some freshly baked crusty bread. So I thought I’d give making some myself a go. I love a bit of spice, so this one has some bite!



  You’ll need:
  • 400g can chickpeas
  • 1T Tahini Paste
  • 1T Natural Yoghurt
  • 3 cloves garlic peeled
  • Juice from 1 lemon
  • 2 small chilli's 
  • 1t cumin seeds
  • ¼ cup good olive oil
  • 1t olive oil (to serve)
  • Pinch of paprika (to serve)
 

 What you need to do:
  1. Place all ingredients minus the olive oil and paprika in a StickMaster or blender
  2. Blend all ingredients till well mixed
  3. Add 1/4cup olive oil and blend till smooth
  4. To serve, make a small well in the serving of hummus. Pour 1t olive oil into well and sprinkle with pinch a paprika. Serve with crusty bread.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment